Happy New Year! Hoping yours is lice free and that this week’s blog provides you with some useful information.
LICE NANNIES USA
Answers to FAQ’s- Lice Treatment
1. My mom/hair stylist/school nurse says you HAVE to remove all eggs to get rid of lice.
• This is a common misconception. The most effective lice treatments, such as the Lice Nannies USA proprietary oil, destroy the eggs. Thus, if you are using a reliable method (like ours) AND repeating the treatment in 7 days, you could literally leave thousands of eggs in the hair, and it will not impact treatment. This is because the eggs are useless/dead following our treatment plan.
• That said, your Lice Nannies technician will comb out the vast majority of the dead eggs in your child’s head.
2. My Mom/hair stylist/school nurse said that we HAVE to bag things in our house/clean like crazy.
• This is outdated information. You will be hard-pressed to find ANY credible scientist (note: credibly means they have a PhD in Entomology and/or do research for a major university) that indicates that lice can live off your head. They need the warmth of your head and food source (they feed all day long and dehydrate fast).
• Leading Lice experts are certain that ZERO cleaning is needed to get rid of lice. This includes combs, stuffies, hats, etc. Lice simply cannot live off your head.
• We have also instructed thousands of clients to skip the cleaning. They got rid of the lice without cleaning and so will you!
• We suggest sterilizing your combs and washing sheets, as this will make you feel better. Beyond that, clean if you want to, but it’s not necessary.
• BUYER BEWARE: Any treatment facility that is trying to sell you a repellent for your hair or home should be met with a huge dose of skepticism. Ask them for scientific proof that their sprays work. You will likely hear a lot of mumbo jumbo about why they cannot produce any data from a credible scientist. These unnecessary sprays are HUGE money makers. Lice Nannies USA has never sold scammy products and we NEVER will.
3. My husband said he will just shave his head instead of getting treatment.
• This method only works if you use a straight razor and have zero fuzz or stubble